Monday, March 16, 2015

bullet points

Ryder update: Out and about on this nice sunny day and not covered in mud. The Camry was stuck in the yard with 50 pounds of feed so I ran out there this afternoon and slapped a flattened box under the offending tire. Who needs a man!

Cracked: I've had my shiny red badass phone for a year and it's not even paid for and I've dropped if at least a hundred times. Today it broke so it has that look, well...you know the one. BG's looked like that for the last year until it got stolen at the shady "gentral. I'd love a note but dayum. Having another income will be good for our bottom line and allow us to focus on an exit strategy. Because as we all know, if you don't own you can't defend. The house down the road should be just about ready for an April rentee so there's neighbors to look forward to. I hope they like dogs. Crazy dude had pit bulls in pens outside his creepy castle.

Grands: No drama is always good. The news is on so I can't call unless I want to hear bitching and crying so I think I'll pass. For the life of me I can't understand why they don't just get along. After 61 years of wedded bliss it could be so easy, but nobody ever wants to let go. I can testify to that one as a smartass demolibtard southern farmer's daughter. Here I sit in the middle of the biggest bunch of Southern rednecks ever and I'm rooting for Bernie and EW? Hillary Clinton is a very smart lawyer who got drug through the mud because of many things, like her husband's sensationalized infidelity and Benghazi. The election is still two years out and I'm gonna make this vote count. Then there was that big scandal in Arkansas while he was governor? That shit is history and what is happening in our country right now is a bunch of right wing bullies being asshats because they can.

Sunshine! Lots of it y'all and warm temps and no rain and bags of compost and rosemary and basil plus pansies. Birds are singing and life seems good for the first time in a very LONG time. My lifecoach taught me the wisdom of Vitamin D in March to ease the transition into harsh light. I just ordered my first application of a topical chemo for actinic keratosis which is a precursor to squamous cell carcinoma of the skin. Long story short? Sun damage. I hate to admit it but I spent about 50 years basking in the sun and beds not realizing what I was doing to my skin. The damage is real and permanent. Think spray tan girls.

Sawmill: We're all just plugging along as best we can. There is new leadership and I like what I've seen so far. A simple act like using Powerpoint makes the difference between growth and looking down at the table while somebody rants. I look at every one of us and wonder how we've survived all these years of drama and heartache. I think really? That's because we love each other as family.

Big Green Weenie: That was my husband's term for when you get fucked royally. No excuses..no regrets, just a smackdown of epic proportions. I've had so many of those that I can't even remember who or when or how but it always hurt to get beat. Tori is on the way to Brighton for her first real softball game evah' and she's gonna be a killer, I can tell. No more duck lips chick!

Music: My mood has been bi-polar lately, delving into the Free!Spotify! library that I have collected. I use the desktop for music and blogging...the device for everything else. This is seriously where the device needs to be more user friendly for grandmaw.

True love: My friends Scott and Janet are headed to a tropical island to get married soon and I'm just ecstatic about the whole thing because there's a long story up in there. Scotty is the guy who made frames from my first barnwood salvage and delivered 'em in ghost of a car from Missouri. We have been co-workers and former smoking buddies for many years. Plus he likes QC and I hate it! I told him the other day that it was like he won the lottery. Nobody gets that kind of chance to make things right unless it's meant to be.

Boogs: Still cute I'm sure but BG had to work Saturday so there you go. No BabyMan fix. Anna brought Conner and 'Tav out yesterday and I was pretty amazed at how they had changed in 3 or 4 years. When Conner was a baby following a traumatic birth I gave him injections of growth hormone. It's what grandmas do when they know how.

ReachOut! Outside of your own greedy little soul and think about those less fortunate. It's what J would do, especially during Lent.

^j^




1 comment: