Friday, March 20, 2015

all in a day's work

It was raining this morning and I sure didn't want to roll out of the warm doggie bed in the dark but I did it anyway. It's eerie that time of morning with nobody out except service workers like us and of course gas and chicken stores. I walked into the perfect storm of something that is a case study in what I love today. During the course of it, I spoke with team members who have come to respect me as pretty good in that area and they honestly listened. It's the kind of work experience that makes you want to go out and do the whole thing again tomorrow if the occasion arises, and it surely will. To all involved with that save, thanks. So often in healthcare the physicians are treated as untouchable and act like divas. That doesn't fly around our sawmill. It's everybody's job to check and coach and generally be accountable to each other all the while realizing that mistakes happen. Admitting that is the first step toward fixing them, ya know?

I managed to spread some compost yesterday prior to the rain and the sun will be out next week to heat it up. I see some great gardening coming on at Casa Poops and lovely spring flowers until it turns into a humidity fest that normally begins mid-May and runs until the dog days of summer. Hey...it's fairly moderate except for global warming and sometimes we get ice storms and floods and tornadoes. Other than that it's lovely! The yard is in full mud and Ryder still can't decide what to do with those puppies under the barn so she's in and out at all hours banging on the doors like she needs a valium or something. No, Sam is the one who needs a downer because he's always licking the sheets. You can't make this shit up.

I pulled out a card that BF sent me that says KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON. It's sparkly and happy and a reminder that somebody always loves me for I am, no strings attached. If I knew where she lived I'd send her a puppy! The kindness that has been showered on me via the internet community is something quite unique to "our generation" (talking'bout'my). We have grown up during a period of time when we were born to survivors of the Great Depression like my father. Had it not been for sheer determination to have something better for himself he could have been just another victim of post-depression ravaging. Like now for instance. Student loan debt accumulated during the past ten or so years has turned out lots and lots of degreed individuals into a barren wasteland of unemployment. Post '08 fallout haunts us still. And wonder where Jamie D and all them effers are now? Probably on a tropical island with private massages on our retirement dime.

ISIS and Israel? We have enough issues here in the states without trying to solve age old problems halfway across the world. Living in that area at this point in time is extremely dangerous for peaceful worshipers. And I'm not sorry the drone killed that guy. Not.My.Circus. I did not vote for this nonsense of global warfare and most other people would not have had they known that all these years later it would still be raging. Like I noted when the first contractor swung over the bridge in Fallujah. Time to go y'all. There was an extreme motive of profit up in that deal related to Halliburton but that's neither here nor there as my mama would say. It is what it was and what it is now and we just have to soldier on and keep on thinking positive shit thoughts.





No comments:

Post a Comment