Sunday, March 15, 2015

stuck in the mud

The Camry is...literally. I've been parking in back and backing out on the driveway but was able (until today) to maneuver a spot to back up and go out straight. This is because there's a huge 95 Cadillac sitting back there and mud all around it as well. I tried and BG tried and we gave up and I took the Cadi to pick Daddy up at church. It's like flying a freakin' plane and has a note on it but runs quiet and fast. I have to sit up to see over the dash which gives me a little old lady on a mission look. WE did eggs and doughnuts while he caught me up on basketball stuff which has sort of turned into the students of Pat Summitt. I remember Kelly Jolley, of all players, as one who could run a play and scrap yet never put that braid out of place. My parents took us to UTM to see them play once and I will cherish that day forever even though BG was a bratty teenager. We had supper and ice cream and it was the last time I traveled with them anywhere when Daddy was driving. He graduated from there as an ag major when it was a new school. Legacy, I'm saying.

In the heat of the muddy moments I tried to get BG to go run Daddy but nooooooooo. All I wanted to do was be outside which is where I'm headed shortly. There will be things planted and sticks picked up and a general welcome to spring on the lane. Ryder is out regularly for food/water/bathroom breaks away from the litter we still haven't seen yet. I'm sure we will soon enough. I'm already thinking about putting them on Etsy! It takes a village and I feel sure all the dog lovers I know will network to get these kids good homes. They will be big with a dane/lab mama and rot mix daddy. Poor Ryder is skin and bones. I see some chicken and rice in her future! I have no doubt that people love their pets and I've cried a river over the ones I've lost but I always go back for more because there's nothing more beautiful than a loyal animal. Mine have slept with me and watched me cry and bitch and moan and groan and as long as they can sleep in the room with me it's all good. Except Oscar who likes the front porch chair now that it's warm. Lots of action out there.

Like most folks I've been in hibernation mode because it's just been, well...ridiculous. Not that global warming has a thing to do with it BUT this is the second year in a row for record setting winters. Here's my theory: All those chunks of ice are breaking off and floating around causing freak things to happen like what we see today. A large part of the country stays on fire for months at a time. Florida, besides being run by conservative dickheads much like Jersey, is gonna' float to Cuba any day now. Wonder how Castro will accept all those boat people????

I feel hope for some insane reason. Hope that life will get a bit less stressful and more meaningful. Doing things with purpose has never been easy for me as I kind of sit around and dream a lot. So sue me.

And keep the faith.



No comments:

Post a Comment