Monday, March 30, 2015

chemical drift

That pretty green wheat I was enjoying just got a dose of fungicide and something or another which totally disrupted my day. According to Lorna it's a common courtesy for farmers to share with residents what days they are spraying up close to the homestead. I am surrounded folks. However it's warm and everything is blooming so I'll take it. Today was a Monday following a three night snoozefest with the dogs. Age is creeping up on me in spite of (sometimes)brave attempts to carry on like a mad woman. BTW, pesticides cause Alzheimer's and I'm gonna sue Monsanto. Any wildly liberal pro-bono lawyers out there? Case of a lifetime dude. Even the dogs are sneezing. God bless those puppies out there under the barn!

I get a bonus day off tomorrow which is nice because there haven't been many lately. As I was shuffling through the mandatory audit I noticed that more and more "others" are getting involved and trimming down the wait time. One nurse is working double duty between her former department and a new position. That, my friends, is teamwork. As I was signing out I noticed the signature of one of the last of the great MedSouth group. Dr A is still kicking along with DB over across the street. I'm thinking my next job won't involve spending 38 years in a rabid fight over turf for feeders. I will never forget how the highly political church of which I am a member sold me out to the highest bidder when their "mission statement" changed to transplant center. Yeah...you. My pension from them is with Wells Fargo so we'll see how long that lasts.

The whole thing began with a sale by the county of Dyer who couldn't begin to manage a hospital what with all the good old boy governance. Most of the employees supported Baptist Healthcare and that included physicians. Dyersburg was the one link missing in the Obion to Shelby run for both systems. MHS bid 10M over what Baptist was willing to pay and the rest is history. They kind of carried us until the livers and hearts got going downtown and then cut us loose. I'm not bitter, just realistic.

My friends Scotty and Janet are headed out to a new life at least for a week. We told him to be sure and ask the pilot for a med list. He is SO gonna' cry when he sees my present. My sick elder buddy is still sick and waiting for all the i's to be dotted so she can go somewhere to rest which is definitely something that doesn't happen in a hospital.

I'm headed to the barn to look for puppies. If I don't make it back call 911 ^j^







No comments:

Post a Comment