Wednesday, March 4, 2015

the saga continues

As we all know the day after an accident is when the real aches and pains appear once the shock has worn off and the body says "what the HELL did you do to me!!" Poor Lorna is dragging around in that shape while we wait for the ice and snow apocalypse to begin. We got a new wiper blade and a gallon of de-icer and the Camry is parked in a strategic position facing the kitchen wall to minimize trips out in the mud to clear it. Now, we wait. One of the things Lorna has been dealing with is that her phone was about to be cut off and she didn't have the $$ to take care of it so our next adventure began yesterday in search of a green dot card with money on it to pay ATT so she won't be like, you know....screwed. I've never done that but it involved (in our one horse town) going to Kroger to pick up the money and then to Walgreen to load the card. I'm telling you Kroger was a freakin' ZOO at 2PM yesterday what with all the bread and milk folks out gathering. School was cancelled for today because it's supposed to start icing any time now.

That last patch of ice against the barn did indeed melt and is in the pool of water that covers Pride's grave out back. In other good news, BG was hired at the neighborhood DG yesterday due to sheer determination on her part to get noticed after two years of trying to navigate their HR website. The really odd part is that when I was there yesterday morning I mentioned to the manager that my daughter had applied and she told me that she had just gotten off the phone with her scheduling an interview! How cool is that for karma. I'm usually the first one there at the front door if I need something on a particular day. Hannah and Kaylee have elevated the 'gentral to celebrity status beginning with orange glow and going on down the list of bargains available for most every occasion. Too bad they don't do green dot.

The grands are perking along nicely with daddy's little bit of extra medicine which Mom believes has been "helpful." Lori discovered quite by accident that last week's neuro team upped the dosage by THREE times what he's been on which would probably put him in a coma. Luckily he didn't fill the 'script and has a GP appointment next week. It's a miracle of biblical proportions that this whole thing works with the entire deal pivoting on the fact that I'm on call 24/7 and up the road a bit. No doubt Ms Faye will be snowed in again so they'll be on their own while I work.

I watched Bibi's speech yesterday and had the best laugh at the live comments by trolls worldwide. I listened for about ten minutes until he started conjuring up ISIS armed with nukes and had to move on to something else. Science fiction does not a good leader make. It's amazing to me how all the wingnuts have compared Obama to Hitler over the years and don't see this blind leading the blind mentality in the Tea party. I am by no means a pure Dem but these folks do every thing they can to allow me to hate what they stand for. I'm much more of a middle of the road kinda' gal. How sad that after years of leadership in Congress Boehner goes out holding the big green weenie.

I'm ready to face this storm and move on past it toward whatever my life is supposed to be. The last year has been one of struggling for survival an sanity on many different levels and Celexa can only do so much. Our lives were not meant to be so hard to live but we have created a dog eat dog world where people with power dictate how we live our days on this earth. To me the fact that so much political energy is going into reversing a SCOTUS decision handed down 40 years ago is absurd. What makes it dangerous is that it's done in the name of Christianity. Nobody tries to tell men they have to be neutered which would solve the whole problem. Yeah..I'm in a mood.

My tribe has consisted of a lot of friends and family who are there when I need them and sometimes when I dont. That's the beauty of relationships that are formed with love, respect and boundaries. Being someone else's judge and jury is no way to be on a personal level. Jesus wouldn't like it, if you know what I mean.

Peace love and snow drifts y'all ^j^







No comments:

Post a Comment