Wednesday, March 25, 2015

follow that star

Damn you trivia crack! I have finally found game that's based on knowledge AND luck which is something that comes in handy for team building. Sometimes I think about who would be my ideal posse for survival. Definitely Shannon would be on it because she don't take no shit evah'. Then there would be Mahala who is already a survivalist over there in the holler and her friend Biff who has an unnamed position involving entertainment. Lorna would be there growing all our food in straw bales organically sound and free of pesticides and herbicides. I mean when a one dollar bottle of vinegar will do it, why bring out the Roundup?

So um, Ted Cruz has to sign up for Obamacare and this of course the fault of our POTUS, you see. That the government pays for their coverage if they disclose it is something voters should watch closely. The same should be said about big petroleum and such. These people do not have our best interests at heart y'all. It's like we're all caught up in this little rat maze of industrialized devotion to productivity as a goal for destroying the earth. Enough dammit! I'll probably get fired because I posted a piece on FB today from Slate which slammed hospitals as being the cause of our healthcare dilemma. NOT insurance or pharm, mind you. Hospitals can only do so much with a broken system. Those of us who work there do it because we enjoy being in relationship with those who are sick even when they spit on us and punch our lights out. Healthcare is an INDUSTRY just like all the others. The difference, as with all jobs, is that when our consumers come to us they are sick. Scooped up by EMS and transported to a badly abused ER to wait for a treatment plan. I can't tell you how many times over the years I've entered a room where the entire family plus Aunt Moses' cousin is hovered over grandma all frantic because she's 85 and dying. I will not be that lady. My daughter the BSW knows how I want to spend my last days and it sure ain't in a hospital. That's some great karma, don't you think? By then I'll probably be in the Keys if they don't break off and float to Cuba. Hell we could always build a boat.

So back to the dream team. I'd want my cousin Mark Agee simply because he's the ultimate left wing Christian and uses that mindset in the legal decisions that he hands down, I feel sure. Jesus would like that, especially during this Lenten season. I would also want other Mark just because he's a good hugger and has always had my back. Amy would be my lifecoach and Gay there for MFR. Joe and Drew and JenBWag always. I can't name everybody because I have sometimers. Speaking of which, there's a new ultrasound technique that breaks up amyloid plaque in mice that could totally cure it. The FDA could speed that up a bit if they wanted to, by the way.

My brothers have lived this farm with me and chosen different paths. Soon I will be faced with the same decision and something in me says that when my parents are gone, it won't be a long drawn out decision for us. There's already an exit strategy if you know what I mean. Meanwhile I am multitasking by blogging, playing Trivia and listening to music. I'm glad I lived long enough to enjoy all this. No wonder corporate says no electronics in the workplace.

It's a good damn thing I didn't put anything in the ground because there's a cold snap coming Saturday. After what we've experienced in the winter of 2015, I'll just sleep in and piddle until the sun comes out again and the puppies can crawl out of that hole.

Which will be soon ^j^



1 comment: