Sunday, August 25, 2013

why did the kudzu cross the road

Because it seriously can ya'll. Anybody who has never seen a kudzu pile would freak out at how fast that shit spreads. I noticed on the way home from eggs and doughnuts that it had crossed over in spite of the road separating the pile from the non-pile. Pretty soon there will be two or more. I also saw this young looking black lab sauntering across the highway and slowed down to 1) avoid hitting him and 2) make sure he got across without somebody ELSE getting him. It made me think about how many times Faith crossed the busy by-pass looking for love in Southtown or chilling with the UPS guys. It's nothing short of a miracle that she didn't get mowed down on the busy by-pass. All of the current canines stay close to home with the exception of Oscar who likes to hang out at the junkyard. I've found him right next to the highway before, but never across it.

Still sick, in spite of real sudafed and singulair. From what I hear this nasty summer cold hangs on for at least 2 weeks and I'm only one week in so there ya' go. Add to that the forecast for humid upper 90s for the next week and you have one miserable hot mess of a smartass girl. Yesterday while I was doing laundry the dogs went wild from my bedroom which meant somebody was out there. I came to the front just in time to see the rural mail carrier walking away from my porch where he left a package from the blog fairy. I asked him if he wanted to hear the story and he just stood there so he got it anyways! I think we graduated together and I know one of his old g'friends kept a horse out here at one time.

Every time the BF sprinkles her dust, we pay it forward to someone. This time it was our dear friend Shayy who was on a mission to make up with her family and trace her roots. I told her boyfriend it was nice to see him again not realizing that it wasn't the same guy I met a year ago at the funeral! Water under the bridge. This young lady just oozes inner grace and beauty and just being in her presence for 30 minutes made my day. Happy trails to WV ya'll! Wave at JennBWag while you're there :)

As for me and mine? We shall continue to keep the faith ^j^

1 comment: