Friday, August 16, 2013

mama drama

We've been trying to watch a movie for about an hour now but Boogs won't settle down and go to sleep. Like all the rest of us he just wants to have fun. He's got this new really cool ball that talks and lights up when he grabs it. His brother and sister are gone with their dad to some amusement park for the weekend. Mom is studying so there ya' go...it's me and TTW and the baby watching Brothers in between feedings and play time. Keeping kids is a good way to appreciate birth control for the miracle that it is.

Even after three days off I didn't want to get up this morning at 5 to head into the sawmill. There was a time when I believed that what I do for a living made a difference. After three decades as a lackey for corporate healthcare I can testify that you can do no harm or die trying. I'm attempting to do it and live a little longer which means I'm probably gonna have to up my standards as far as employment. I'm a really little fish in a great big pond here in the 'burg.

I haven't had even the most basic of meds in several days because we have one car between us and gas is high plus we're living like refugees. The Neon was officially pronounced DOA after a month at the auto shop but there's a deal in the works so we'll see how that goes. Once again, remember that you can't make this shit up. The only news I can afford to read is free and today it's all about Egypt burning and people jumping off bridges and the brazillion dollars that our government is feeding into the coup while the FFOTUS scampers around at Martha's Vineyard enjoying the perks of being in charge. How strange is it that Syria got put on the back burner . If it bleeds, it leads according to media legend and the US government.

My old friend Christopher called today just to remind me why he stays with wifey and it's all about money in his opinion. Their respective parents left each of them an inheritance so they stay married and share the wealth because who in the world could ever imagine not having money? They have investments that are doing well in the current market but it will happen again just as it has before. Hide and watch it crash mofo.

Really? I don't care anymore and that's kind of scary.



No comments:

Post a Comment