Sunday, August 18, 2013

one day...at a time

This one is mine..the one that Big Ernie made just for me. It's about time for a blues singalong but I don't have any whiskey so that would be a waste. I'll settle for easy listening and light beer. I was absolutely frantic this morning knowing that I haven't sold much stuff lately and the light bill is BIG and due soon and well, the dead Neon doesn't help matters. I think mama and daddy are tired of riding in the trusty old Camry sans window so they're gonna get it fixed for us. It takes a village. Now all I need is 4 new tires, a tuneup, oil change, three hubcaps and a door handle. The rear light cover can wait.

So anyway while I was waiting to pick them up from church I ran around snapping pictures with my badass camera (TYVM one more time Count Z and Precious) of things to post for sale. I'm getting ruthless now and I told BG today that if somebody offers me the right price for her, she's gone. Baaaaha..just kiddin'. Seriously, nice antique pieces are usually handed down over generations like mine were. My grandmother was a collector of great proportion and also made 8 kazillion ceramic pieces in her spare time. It took several yard sales to get rid of them. The one piece she made specifically for me is a bowl and pitcher which I cherish. Her initials are on the bottom of the glazed bowl.

Looking back, I see that this has been a week of pain for me personally because I've let go of most everything that I can't change which is always hard for an on again off again control freak. I have also realized that my ADHD type behavior is an escape mechanism that keeps me from focusing on my talents and making the most of them. Self sabotage, if you will. I do feel like I have accomplished quite a bit this past month as I've dug through the homeplace and downsized. Now the unorganized boxes are the exception rather than a norm to trip over. There is a path, and it is halfass clean. There are clean towels and blankets. God is good.

My friends came out yesterday and we sat on the porch just like it was freakin' October or something sunning and talking about whatever came up. Kids. Work. Accidents! My last vacation was with these lovely ladies and I will never forget it. No beach makes Poopie a very crazy girl. I about died when I read about the chick falling off a balcony in Gulf Shores. Yikes!

Ya'll have a great week and don't just talk the talk, if you know what I mean.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment