Thursday, August 29, 2013

on giving up

Early today I noticed that a friend had posted "i give up" and my immediate reaction was "Oh my God I know that feeling well." If it were anywhere close to being one of those kind of days, I have to say I'm thankful to have had it because I'm humble again. Not that I remember being proud or anything but...you know. I have had in the past year an abundance of kindness from people including my work family and doing a later shift today gave me the opportunity to spend time with folks that I usually just pass on the way in or out. My pain was so intense that Sister Rose felt it almost immediately and she cried too! Before I left we gave it BACK to BigE one more time. We are definitely spiritual sisters.

The devil side of me is plotting whom I can de-friend which is something I've never ever done because why do it unless they're spamming you or something. I have been summarily dismissed by too many people as the compliant little nice girl who will kiss your southern ass. Right? I will move on from this pain, and in many ways am the wiser for it. I have learned that men cannot be trusted with your emotions when their money is involved, that babies are the cutest at about 6 months of age. I know that my bad habits doom me to a bit less healthy lifestyle than most but really? This whole environmental meltdown thing stinks. As I type this gorgeous orange sun is setting across the land surrounded by patches of green. You can't buy that kind of blessing.

Open letter to Congress from Poopie:

Hey ya'll. Get off your asses and remember from whence you came. Oh..and have a nice day ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment