Saturday, August 10, 2013

white bird

Okay, I admit it...I'm blogging and singing karaoke with It's a Beautiful Day. That one really shows my age, ya know? I switch back and forth on the voices according to what words I know. Besides it's all about the orchestra in this one..well, a lot of it. Might as well enjoy life with a tune, I say. My uncle Jimbo understood that about me and allowed me to ass off assist him as band manager when KY cuz was there playing the flute. All I played was the chimes, and only one time. However, both he and my aunt along with Miss Charlene Fisher of the Blue Mountain Conservatory of Music taught me the keyboard. Poor Ms Fisher talked me into accompanying her organ with the baby grand piano and wouldn't take no for an answer even though I hadn't been practicing. By the time that service was over I was just picking the melody out with one hand sort of like chop sticks. She never asked again.

Thing one on the agenda today was to slap the snooze button three times before stumbling toward the sawmill. I had been rather short of breath lately which I attributed to the unusually Louisiana like weather but no. As luck would have it, I'm sick again and beginning to have a productive cough. Yes, I know I'm just a barrel of laffs today! My old friend Tim called right at bedtime last night and we talked until I had to nod off. We do three way with his wife wandering in and out of the room putting in her opinions or a " hey girl". We talked about our upcoming 58th birthdays and our parents and how totally odd it was that a couple of school teachers from Mississipi became best buds with the farmer and his wife from the Samaria bend community. Both of them are gone now so he kinda' sort of claims mine. Sometimes, that's all we have. I remember calling every one of the last few days of his daddy's life and listening to the screaming.

Now that Sanjay has endorsed medical marijuana and of course, in the REAL WORLD doctors dictate what is acceptable medical practice rather than politicians and DEA agents. Considering the amount of money spent on arresting and prosecuting simple users or growers it is absurd to think that it will ever be legal. Because you know if we're anything we're a country of "making things right." I was watching a piece about heroin overdose in the lobby of the sawmill with the Jr. Security guard and we chatted about the anarchy to come when everybody gets tired as hell and won't take it anymore. Viva la Revolution, ya'll. Say you want one? Look inward and find what's right and true and about your neighbor and you. In the end, that's what matters.

I've opened up a whole new market with these old vinyl records from the 80s and 90s. I can barely remember when music came from a turntable and speakers rather than computerized device. Guess you had to be there. My first love was a stereo salesman of course and he taught me a lot about high quality sound. And wrote me poetry..I mean really. How do you say no to that?

Carry on wayward people..I'm right there with you^j^



No comments:

Post a Comment