Friday, August 2, 2013

fancy farm

Well I read today that Mitch McConnell is going to be present at the political rally that is a tradition in Kentucky. Being the smartass that I am, I immediately texted my friend Sue who is my liberal backbone to give her the news. And I snorted at the thought of all those people getting riled up just because Rand Paul wants it his way. Once again, he is NOT his father in any shape form or fashion. The younger Paul lacks the sincerity and conviction that his dark horse father has always championed. KY is one of those states like TN others in the south that have failed to even entertain the thought of setting up healthcare exchanges to help prepare for the changes that are coming down the pike, and sooner or later ya'll something will have to be done and corporations will have to really be people or they will fail miserably at their "mission".

One of my work buddies just came by to pick up some chairs for her new house that will be painted to match the table. I like that type of thing rather than going out and buying everything that "matches". BOOOOring and also very OCD and 80's. Nothing in my house goes together really but it's a comfortable mish mash of everything that reflects my personality and my life here over the years. Every time someone discovers this lane for the first trip up, it's love at first sight for them. The pecan trees meet over a good portion of the lane creating beautiful patterns of light in the wind that almost always blows. A visitor told me one time it reminded him of France.

This has been a very long week at the sawmill and one that I'm mighty glad to have behind me. Linda Mc brought a crown with pink feathers and jewels to work for Becky's grandbaby and since it was bossfriend's birthday, she wore it all day. and picture this...her in the poofy crown and all of us high tailing it around the lab to "Dancing Queen". Truly a Kodak moment and a happy day for her. It made me LOL if you get my drift. And that's always a good thing.

It's hot again, but it's August so I won't bitch, choosing instead to stay inside unless it's to hit Gigi's pool. School is already back in session and I'm beginning to believe that what my daddy told me about time going faster as you age is a bit more real. Not really in a bad way always, but always changing. Those who refuse to adapt to change perish.

Let's all keep our fingers crossed that Sugardaddy will come by tomorrow with a big wad of cash and buy all my shit cherished antiques for his loved ones. That way he can just load up the truck and hand over the money and I don't have to do a pole dance.

TGIF ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment