Saturday, August 31, 2013

transparency

As luck would have it, my stubborn insistence on finding the inner poopie ended up hurting me in the end. That little girl was pretty sheltered and didn't really see the other side of the spectrum because hey..she lived in the country as the eldest daughter in a Norman Rockwellesque farm family with two younger brothers and a whole lot of co-dependent meddling going on. The big secret was that there was some sort of mental illness which required hospitalization at one time or another for several family members including my grandfather and uncle. Gartley Ramsey in Memphis was one of the scariest looking places in the world during those days and they were both residents at one time or another. There were drugs and guns, but they were hidden too. My uncle Bill actually gave me tokens from the Baird Brewer hospital where I was born when he was on his road to the grave. Thirty six years old and died of liver failure. One year I got stats at Christmas, the next a velvet lined slide box. Another time there was a pair of surgical scissors. I don't know..it was creepy.

More sales of items plus a Christmas/birthday present current with our Nashvegas friend on the vinyl which is always good. I sold the windows right out from under her so there you go. We first met hub (from Alabama, no less) when we went on the Memaw sponsored graduation trip to Sandestin. He is also a veteran of the Iraq war which I respect more than most anything lately. Syria. REALLY??????????????? Doesn't Damascus sound familiar? Anybody got a Bible? I have learned one other thing which is pretty important in the whole scheme of things. People who really love you, I mean like..in the God way,will do whatever it takes to show the love right at the perfect time.

Other than that, I'm silent j^

1 comment: