Monday, August 5, 2013

rainy days and mondays

I suppose I didn't get my nap out with those back to back 12 hour snoozefests over the weekend, so I went down AGAIN mid afternoon on Sunday and except for a brief foray for food (there was none) wandered to the shower and back to bed. And I still didn't wanna get up. It was dark and cloudy and rain is in the forecast every day this week. Reckon if it was dry as a bone, we'd be praying for it. That's the way life goes.

We're adjusting at the sawmill, to what we're not really sure. Healthcare consumers are caught in the middle as Obamacare eases its' way into our lives and everybody is scared as hell that they'll lose money. Honestly, I don't think that's what it's about. To me, the bill represents a way to repair some of the damage insurance companies have inflicted on us over the years as in that nasty pre-existing condition exclusion and whatnot. So, I've got cancer and you're not going to pay for my treatment? To hell with that. Lifetime maximums are also something that big insurance slaps on most policies so if your treatment is really expensive, you might run out before you even die. Remembering all the hayseeds who called the beginning plans for affordable care "death panels" I would say to them...what's the difference? Palliative and hospice care are a very important part of death which is something we each will experience no matter how rich or poor or sweet or wicked. I just think it comes easier to some than others, and those people have had time to adjust and accept. Do your grieving before or after...I've had it both ways and both suck.

One of my cousins died of liver failure a few years ago after being really "never" a candidate for transplant. She was a dialysis nurse who had no idea that her lifestyle during the 80s would come back to haunt her as end stage liver disease. Her husband was a real ass...a guy who had the knowledge to handle her in his own way which mostly involved heavy drugs. That way he was totally in charge. He already his eye on the next one before she was cold.

As for the embassy closings, I say keep 'em shut down but look for the decoy. AlQ is not so stupid enough to fail to realize that we're listening to their chatter. My fervent prayer is that this kind of shit will rattle the cages of a few politicians and force them to work together for the common good rather than keep their rich voters happy. Because in the end? It won't matter how many planes or penthouses you have, only how you treated the least of these. As for Keystone...hell to the naw!! What the hell are we thinking ya'll?????????????? We do not need more oil. What we need is intelligent conversation and jump starts for businesses that move us away from carbon dependence. Don't make me tell my mama on ya'll.

I'm still pulling stuff out of drawers and boxes in preparation for the sale of the century here on Pecan Lane. I'm figuring if BG stays employed and we keep selling, I might be able to pay propane guy before winter because I've got a feeling it's gonna be a doozy.

Peace out ^j^

1 comment:

  1. I concur - Got a feeling Old Man Winter's gonna get him some big licks on this year.

    ReplyDelete