Monday, November 5, 2012

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Nothing makes me want to give it up and cuddle with the dogs more than a 4:30 sunset. From now until late February opportunities to be outside without freezing will be sparse. Plus there's those little black clouds that float around over everybody. I heard a pundit declare today that no matter who wins the election we're in big trouble because half of the country voted against both of 'em. More bi-partisan bullshit. I'm done with it. I no longer believe that the government of which I am a citizen listens to little people. There are times when caution is due, particularly when distributing entitlements. But not with monies that have already been paid by retired elders who are counting on it to live as if they were still (kindasorta) working. My parents are very fortunate. They don't have much invested, but they've sure got a sweet deal that they earned the hard way.

Due to the one vehicle thing I haven't made it to the creditors yet but that's on the agenda for my Friday off. I hate crying, and every time I have to explain that I'm not really a deadbeat...I'm just having a hard time like most folks, they glare at me. That's the mark of a good office manager. Have no sympathy because it's your job to get the boss's nickel back so he or she can buy a new car or send a kid to Harvard. I'm absolutely sick of rich people getting richer and doing nothing to help those less fortunate. I'm not just talking myself ya'll, in case it sounds like a pity party coming on. Those pitiful Sandy survivors are going through something that nobody of our era has seen. I applaud the mayor for gracefully offering the runners an opportunity to help the city that has hosted them forever. Nice move.

The two front rooms are pretty much in piles waiting to be sorted through. It's about time to throw some old blankets over the doors to keep the heat towards the back of the house. I had my eye all set on this primo forty dollar heater at Lowe's before finances on Pecan Lane collapsed again. I can't ever say I haven't lived on the edge. I think the reason I feel such a kinship to Staten Island and all the others who are swamped because of the storms that I've survived here on top of the hill. Two floods in a row. Multiple tornado near misses. One of the reasons my 11 year old trusty old Camry is rusty is driving through all that muddy water!! I remember talking to some dimwit ATT operator about internet access telling her it was my only link to the real world! Yeah, I'm a little bit drama mixed in with a helluva' lot of good intentions.







No comments:

Post a Comment