Monday, November 19, 2012

and for my next trick....

Well, I should have known there would be some sort of little bump in the road to Thanksgiving dinner. After we went to the grocery and got it all ready and grouped by dish, the last little dribble of propane gave out on the oven so, um. On to plan B. One of us will cook cornbread and boil eggs at mom's tomorrow and throw the rest of the dishes together that morning to cook in HER oven. We've been here before, and being able to cook is something I miss more than the warmth. We can make do with heaters but the microwave presents very limited menu options, ya know?

Faith is not well still so we drew her blood to see if the infection is better. Her count was near normal, but something's not right. She wandered around in the yard yesterday like it was the first time she had ever seen it....moving slowly and looking down. She sleeps constantly except for the occasional nibble or trip outside. BG said she was so weak she fell down the stairs on the way to get her blood drawn. Our good friend and former vet tech does that as a favor from one animal lover to another. I can draw it all day long from people, but don't have a clue about canine venipuncture. Sometimes, I wish I had never seen Marley and Me.

I never thought I would say this, but I'd rather hear coverage of Mitt Romney's colonoscopy than more about all the top military brass getting their collective wild thing on. That type of media coverage screams National Enquirer and diverts attention from our real problems such as the "fiscal cliff" whatever the hell that is. Ditto for the troubles over there in Gaza. NOT OUR PROBLEM. Damn..what is it about the US government that just begs to be a part of every war ever fought. Oh wait, duh. It's all about the money.

I love Thanksgiving more than any other holiday ever because it's all about good food and fellowship without a lot of distraction from just breaking bread together. BG is part of a group that will be serving up to the masses on Friday even though we have no workable oven. Let's all pray and be specific about that one. I'm figuring you can surely buy some kind of propane tank to run an oven. We shall see.

Happy Monday ya'll. It was a booger from the time my feet hit the floor so it's bye bye time. Keep the faith ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment