Saturday, November 17, 2012

lawbreakers and whatnot

A couple of weeks ago when the leaves were at peak color I wandered over toward the edge of the slough that runs around a large number of acres, a little waterway that meanders from the Forked Deer river which also surrounds us. It's an amazing nature reserve type of place to live and play and I feel so fortunate to have grown up knowing the peace that comes with the sights and sounds of nature. We are tucked away on a little private drive that is seldom traveled except by us or public service like the mailman or school bus. When I noticed the county car go cruising by my house this morning I sighed in relief as he passed my house, grateful that I wasn't getting some sort of judgement delivered. He went across the road and met for awhile with the farmer who had come with his four wheeler to check things out. Some asshat STOLE his boat as it turns out. Just a little fishing boat but still..gah. When the deputy came to my house to inquire about any strange vehicles and such, I spent quite a while telling him how we need more patrols because the city has us on the golf course side but over here? We're protected by the county law. Last year's pecan crop brought out every crackhead and drunk that could make their way out here so we posted the lane this year and haven't had the traffic except for those who are invited. I proceeded to tell him how my elderly parents are in the hood as well and they need an occasional look-see now and then. Not to mention, our mayor!!

Faith is still doing well and sleeping like the old lady that she is. The new cat is being brought in for visits when Lily is outside, and "new cat" will remain out there for her own safety. Just saying. Four dogs and one jealous calico bitch is nothing for a sweet little kitty to deal with. She's better off in the tree. I've been doing piddly little necessities like cleaning out e-mail and trying to get some organization up in the chaos that is my life. I ran into an old friend and fellow photographer yesterday and complimented her on the work that she's putting out there. I almost cried when she told me that I was her inspiration. Little old me with a Kodak digital all those years :) We're going to brainstorm about how to market our stuff along with a few other local artists. We shall see. My friend Drew is waiting on a "coffee table book" from me which I really don't see happening but you never know. Mama just asks that I get ANY book in print before she passes over to glory.

I don't know about ya'll, but I'm ready for some turkey and dressing. We'll shop for ingredients after church tomorrow and run some other errands as well. Daddy wants to surprise mom on her birthday with a bag if truffles and a card. FUNNY card, he said. With sound!!! She's had a rough 78th year so here's to 79 being much more peaceful mom.

^j^



No comments:

Post a Comment