Friday, February 26, 2021

with age comes stories

As most folks who know me can testify, I'm not a big risk taker.  I procrastinate and run around in an ADHD sort of fog hollering "squirrel" and stopping to admire it.  The ducks and geese out at paradise have been telling me, totem wise, to take a hold of the big opportunity coming my way.  Hmm.  Me and my buddy read today together and I finished mine which is always a bummer.  It dawned on me as I finished up Rick Bragg's latest that we write in similar ways, both of us with a southern slant toward tales of us.  So the new and improved me decided to take a chance and track him down for a good old brain pickin' on southern writing.  Clyde Edgerton is another one of my literary favorites.  Maybe I'll holla' at him next.  Meanwhile I got the voicemail of Bragg when I called and I explained very briefly what I wanted.  I also got an email address where he teaches.  He's probably got about 50 assistants who screen all that stuff but I gave it a shot.  I'm at the point that I got nothing to lose.  Thank you all for giving me encouragement during my blogging years.  That will never cease until I die and I'll probably figure out a way to do it when I get to heaven.  The blog, angel..so to speak.  

Bubba and I did all the swapping over on utilities this morning and he didn't even bitch at me when I left my phone in Halls and we had to go back.  Then we toured the old house and Johnny and Billy have obviously been hard at work.  The bathroom and all the kitchen cabinets were gutted.  There are little squares on that bathroom backsplash where I learned how to tile using leftovers from Yaya.  The old white sink sits all by itself. And my washer and dryer are coming tomorrow!  Lerd...I was dreading the laundromat.  

Oscar runs free range while I'm at work between the two houses but he eventually always finds himself here with me.  Oh, and that tabby tom is still hanging around with a calico on the road as we speak.  Plus my girls.  Always leave room for the spirit to work ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment