Thursday, February 25, 2021

jumping the gun

My take on the vaccine so far is that we have been guinea pigs for the emergency release brands Pfizer and Moderna.   So here comes J&J with a one shot miracle cure but it's not approved.  Word on the street is that Moderna has more side effects than Pfizer regarding immune response and discomfort.  I'm a Moderna patient waiting for #2 from the State of TN department of health.  There has been much concern about availability in TN, enough so that Gov Lee had a press conference about the circus in Memphis.  Of course they are boiling water too.  Sheesh.

I had another busy day but it was in a good way, if you know what I mean.  Somewhere in this living room there is a honey bee that crept in.  The stray tabby tom is still hanging around but he's outside.  I feed him out there to keep he and Oscar separate and avoid a killin'.  Yesterday at paradise I watched the ducks....about 15 of 'em..float and dive in the almost unfrozen lake.  Little things like that tickle me.  The birds are happy and singing most days and the peepers are doing their thing.  Spring is almost here.  Reaves and I planted tulips in the garden box up on the hill and I can't wait for us to see them come up.  That right there is the beginning of a lifetime gardener.

This weekend will be devoted to more sorting up there and making piles. Plus laundry since uh....no delivery.  I am literally living out of a suitcase and need my daddy's dresser up in here to organize my undies.  I think it will fit in the hatchback but i need help moving it.  There's another one coming one of these days that was my mother's.  That should be plenty of clothes storage for one person.  

I talked with my new neighbor this evening to see if this cat is hers and she said no.  Hmm.  We gotta' find a home for this old boy before Cali shows up.  Meanwhile I will foster him and let him hunt.  

One of these days we will adapt to the new normal.  I finally have a preop appointment with my surgeon in a couple of weeks so there's that.  I dread the whole ordeal but I'm sick to death of this ostomy bag.  If I knew I had no options I would learn to live with it but as long as there's a chance for reversal, I'm ready to take it.  

Be kind ^j^



No comments:

Post a Comment