Monday, February 15, 2021

memaw

Janice Ann Reaves Stafford passed away peacefully on 1//23/16.  She was receiving hospice care which we checked on faithfully. My youngest brother was here, during a blizzard, to be with her. He and Lauren both slept on the recliner for two days in a row.  I worked and got updated daily by her docs.  It was a perfect storm of too much intervention.  My surgeon told me straight up that she would not survive another procedure.  She had been on high dose antibiotics for a week and was still running a 40K WBC.  

Looking back, I kind of blame myself.  As her healthcare advocate, I chose the least invasive treatment for a broken hip which was a pin.  That came out while she was in rehab causing terrible pain.  And that resulted in a hip replacement and diverticulitis which is what almost killed me.   You just never know what life will bring.

She came to visit me last night .  I heard her spirit in every little sound of a different house.  I forgot the hairbrush but I figure I'm not going anywhere so that's that.  Eventually I will get all my shit down here and wash my clothes up there.  Don't even try to buy a washer/dyyer right now.  It's insane.  

Here's to Janice!  The one and only greatest cook in America, or maybe the world.  Reporterette supreme,  she could put out your engagement showers and more.  This society editor turned her interest toward From the Back Burner and Houdini in the House.

Let us all remember who she was to us and what she stood for.  Creativity is at the forefront.  I can deal with that^J^

No comments:

Post a Comment