Wednesday, February 17, 2021

old habits

Day three, or is it four?  I've lost track of time since I began living in two houses.  One of the things I meant to get yesterday but forgot was a hairbrush PLUS I couldn't find my glasses so here I go chugging up the hill again before the blizzard comes.  When I got home I let Oscar out to pee and he disappeared.  After imagining him stuck in a snow drift I went out looking and found him at the other house.  He's not used to all this yet and neither am I.  I'm grateful to be warm and stocked up.  His girlfriend Libby lives up there so I figure he'll have to make a visit now and then  .  I tried to get him in the car and he refused choosing, instead, to lead me back to here.  He's fast for an old guy!  I put his bed down by my feet and he's knocked out.  That's a good four mile run in freezing weather.  He gets the good food today.  I cooked a turkey breast in the crock pot we can share.  

I am pretty blown away by the kindness and generosity being sent my way.  People really are good at heart and want to do the next right thing.  When the hatred comes out, that's when I turn and run.  I've never hated anybody forever.  It comes, the letting go, with time and spiritual support.  I'm not one of those big prayer warriors who sends out requests on FB.  When I pray, it is for God's will to be done.  For peace to grieving starving people everywhere.  For abundance where there is nothing but poverty.  

I can't wait to see the look on Reaves' face when she sees Gaga new house.  Gotta get that ten put together some time or another.  I pray that during this season that we may find grace at every turn to the cross.  Because, that is what it's all about.  Not what you wear or how much  money you give.  The heart of a true servant is one who is willing to help another without judgement and without expecting anything in return ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment