Tuesday, February 16, 2021

throwing beads

It's a new day here, bright and white.  Oscar ain't a bit afraid of it and just dives right in.  We slept together again under that warm comforter.  I woke up a good trolling and was kind of like uh....what?   It was immediately deleted and I moved on with the scrolling.  Tomorrow begins Lent which historically comes with giving something up.  The way I look at it, giving back and paying forward are just as valuable as signs of repentance .  I have been gifted with a lot of good friends and folks who have my back.  Not everybody can say that, and it is a blessing.  Everybody needs a ride or die team.  

My Lenten give up is a couple of grudges that I've held for some time.  I'll be traveling with these issues during the coming weeks and let the Lord take away that resentment.  Jesus doesn't like ugly.  Yaya said so.  We talk everyday, sometimes more than once.  We go so far back that we can trace anybody's family for at least two generations.  I had to bump the heat up a couple of degrees and I thought about all those folks without power in Texas.  It's mind boggling that we are hit with this on top of COVID.  

I'm pretty amazed at all the new shadows on the wood here.  The blinds are mostly down to preserve heat but one is open to gaze out of.  What I see is a high dollar irrigation system that keeps this farm going during dry times.  I watched them install it years ago.  

Like my mama'n'them always said:  "If you can't say something nice don't say it at all!"   Peace and love ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment