Tuesday, February 2, 2021

dumbass o'the'day

I ran down to the cabin this morning to drop off some things before I went to work.  I automatically scoop up a blue phone and think it's mine.  As I neared Kroger I started getting these weird noises like a honk and an old timey telephone ring.  Oblivious to the fact that I had someone else's phone on me, I assumed my car was making noises I had never heard before.  It was then that I discovered I had not one but TWO blue phones and the other one belonged to Johnny Keeling the carpenter.  I loaded up my buddy and we drove from paradise out to the cabin so dude could carry on his business.  He thinks I've lost it, and he might be right.  Just wait a few years son.  You'll be as scatter brained as me.  Billy just laughed and took up for me.  I brought home a mousetrap to catch that little mofo creeping around the kitchen.  Let's see who gets the cheese.

Am I grateful and humble?  You bet.  I got a call from the health department day checking to see where I am in line for the Covid vaccine.  I also had a long conversation with my advocate at BC/BS about my current health status and concerns.  There are so many folks out there working their asses off to see that we are cared for properly.

I'm still mad at a couple of people for dropping the ball and they shall remain nameless.  I simply intend to give up those ill feelings for Lent.  I reckon folks just do what they do and some care and some don't.  

Somebody send me a king cake please ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment