Monday, February 15, 2021

winter wonderland

My first night here was restful but strange.  Oscar slept on top of the comforter for awhile while the flames flickered from the logs lulling me to sleep.  I woke up early to check out the weather because there was snow in the forecast and still some things I needed from the "other" house.  I made it there and back talking to myself the whole time "don't fall don't fall don't fall"  I need the microwave down here but um.....that can wait.  

Following a brief period of sleet, it is now pure whiteout conditions.  A real live Tennessee blizzard.  I know it lets the heat out but I have to open those blinds and watch.  With the wind and whatnot, it's drifting.  Maybe I'll make a snowman if I can find enough gear to get it done.  

Meanwhile I'm busy unpacking and organizing.  I changed sweats today after sleeping in yesterday's clothes.  Still no shower but that will come.  Dammit, I forgot soap!

I am hearing the voices of history down here. Bubba told me to expect Mama during the night.  She arrived in the form of snow.  I'm watching it blow across the big ass pecan tree in front.  Blowing and drifting.  I'm so ready to plant something I could kill.  I'll start with seeds this time in little cartons on the back porch.  From there, who knows.

Wrap up kids ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment