Monday, February 1, 2021

the house is a mess

That is not at all unusual for me but it's getting worse as I sift through what goes to the cabin and what goes into the dumpster that will soon arrive.  Today was one for random miracles that snuck out at me in different ways.  We will have a cat named Cali down at the cabin thanks to my friend Mary Gwyn.  And of course Oscar.  I figure Cali will take care of mice and negotiate with my next forever cat.

Cats are pretty cool, especially when they're all buddies.  I went by to pick up my Christmas present to me from the fabulous Paige and all her kitties came to greet me.  I'm talking a posse of cats!  Thanks, you old hippie...I love my shirt!  And your cats....and your house!

The weather looks frightful, though normal for February.  It's my least favorite month along with August.  This girl seriously does not do extremes well.  I called propane guy with an SOS and 30 minutes later it was delivered.  That should get me through until moving time.  I was delighted to meet the son of a local Cumberland Pres minister.  We talked church on the porch for ages along with how's your mama'n'them.  Remind me to tell you the story of how his Mama answered to God and did a funeral for LPs daddy and my "ex companion."

I've made a lot of big moves this past month and I'm trying to absorb the sticker shock of a new vehicle and higher insurance.  I have exactly one year of LTD left and that is a big chunk of my income.  Thanl the lort I did not take the buyout.  Charlie Ozment did the math for me and said NO.  

I have learned over time that being faithful means taking chances.  Can I afford a car?  Probably not.  But without that reliable transportation I can't work and experience the joy of driving without worrying what's gonna' fall off next.  The tire sensor went off and I headed straight to Robert to get some gas and air.  Things look pretty good over there these days at Lake Road Amoco.

The 'gentral is going to make a fortune off me over this move.  I had to get new pillows and garbage can plus bags today.  I love going to Four Points because the people there are cheery and appreciate polite customers.  If the line gets too long, another register opens.  Every time I hit one of them up I get those dark chocolate Reece's things.  O.M.G.  Buy 3 get one free!

I am approaching Lent as a sinner, mostly of omission.  I have failed to take more of a role in social action for change.  My church has long been tainted by exclusion ot the LGBTQ community.  We almost split over it.  I believe that as disciples of Jesus all humans are created equally.  I don't care what you do in your private life.  I just love everybody and y'all are next ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment