Wednesday, February 3, 2021

more cowbell

For some odd reason I have been remembering my days at Midnight Rodeo.  I watched and took pictures of the whole thing going down.  My friends Megan and Meredith were bartenders and it was so well designed.  Formerly Century 21 and Night City, it was a huge space with a big dance floor and 80s lighting.  I did all the flyers and hung out with fantastic singers.  There was this one group from the Bluebird that blew me away.  I listened to that demo CD for a year and wish I had a new one.  I believe his name was Layne.  Y'all please excuse the rambling.  I am tired to the bone and not ready to lay down.  

I have realized that what I am doing now as a vocation is what I trained for all of my life as a  healthcare advocate.  I seem to be part social worker, part friend and glad to put my feet up on that deck in the sun out at paradise.  We both did it today!  Yay for Vitaman D.

Please be kind and do what J would do.  You just never know when one small act will make a difference in someone's life.  I promise, it's worth the struggle ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment