Wednesday, February 10, 2021

iceland

The trees and grass are dripping with icicles which is pretty but the fog is like ummm....the Moors.  About 9:30 this morning I decided to get out and deice the car early.  Now normally I can walk on icy stuff but that wooden back porch and steps were like glass.  I knew from skating on the porch I would never make it down.  My friend Gay told me about using towels or sheets to lay over the ice and voila!  I was in that car in a heartbeat.  Of course it took it a minute to thaw out but at least there were no broken bones.  The roads were clear and oddly enough no ice on any concrete surfaces.  I knew I had some rock salt so I went on a scavenger hunt and finally found it.  Then I scraped the ice off the windshield as it thawed with a bamboo spatula.  Single country girls tend to get creative.  

Of course Kelly got pre-empted again so we watched my latest binge which is Firefly Lane.  Trust me.  It's wonderful!  I really do not understand to air the impeachment on every main network.  It messes with people's shows and folks can always watch it live on CNN if they're interested.  I am not.    

I got a call from the health department today about getting my first COVID vaccine which will be on Friday.  Much quicker than I anticipated.  I'm nervous about it, but not enough to skip my chance.  

Gotta go see what happened in DC today.  Ciao ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment