Thursday, February 18, 2021

winter storm warning

Well, they sure got this one right.  We got 4 or 5 more inches last night that covered all the ruts made yesterday.  Bubba came out and packed the driveway a bit and there's been a truck and a couple of four wheelers up and down the road.  I'm just grateful to have heat and water.  This time five years ago, the house was empty.  Mom had moved to assisted living and then onto rehab.  She died peacefully on January 23rd with my brother at her side.  And there was snow.  

I am arranging things a little at a time which is a good snow day activity.  I've cooked a meal and run the dishwasher and had two showers. I still have to figure out where I am when I wake up but it's coming along.  I was freaking yesterday when I couldn't find Oscar boy because he's my road dog now.  Every step I make he's right on my ass.  clickity click!

I bet Ellie is loving the snow up around Chicago where she lives now.  Cali should be arriving after the thaw and I'm glad to ease into it like that.   The birds are loving nutty oat bread and crackers.  

Y'all be happy to not be six feet under and remember those who are ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment