Monday, March 1, 2021

baptized by fire

As we travel through Lent, I have been watching virtually because frankly, I couldn't find clothes to wear in person.  As Mary Beth would say, "Again and again."  Last week's sermon was all about the baptism of Jesus by John the B and the covenant that was made when he entered the wilderness to be tempted.  Today she moved on to Peter's rebuke when Jesus told them that he would be crucified, dead and buried to rise on the third day.  We designate Easter as the day to celebrate that resurrection but there's a whole lot more to it than showing up at church once or twice a year.  It's a lifestyle that is based not so much on being holy and perfect but following, as best we can, what Jesus taught.  Meeting people where they are and talking about the Lord.  

I can't really describe my feelings these days except for weird.  I am dizzy and feel like I'm moving in slow mo.  I've just kind of written it off to all the change and lifting and adapting.  The washer and dryer came Saturday and ran for about 8 hours non stop.  I would call myself "caught up" but I can't find where I put all those towels.  I'm taking it slow so I can be organized and know where everything is.  Every day I bring one pile down from the hill and sort through it.  There are Christmas dishes rattling in the back right now.  Those suckers are heavy....and there's more!  Internet will be next in about two weeks.  I cannot WAIT to blog from that back porch.  

It's kind of like I've lost my mojo if you get my drift.  Lorna says it's the full snow moon but I've yet to see that.  Too many clouds.  It came a monsoon yesterday evening right after the girls left.  Reaves danced all over that deck being a princess.  Lauren is the prince and I'm uhh...the Gaga queen.  Or something.  Maybe a servant.  

Cali became a member of our family on Friday night and so far she has been a sweetheart.  She and Oscar are getting along because she hisses if he gets too close!  She looks just like Lily only not so much a bitch.

The fugue will pass with spring coming on.  I'm hoping by April to be bagless and able to push a little dirt around for some seeds.  Surprise lilies are already showing up at both places.  Some porch pirate took off with my Amazon package that was supposedly delivered Saturday.  It has a case number with FedEx and now it's on me to notify Amazon.  The other one still isn't on the road yet.  You know, weather and COVID and all.

Actually I think I've had a mild case of COVID even though I tested negative twice.  I was really sick awhile back with night sweats and the whole nine yards.  I will still get my 2nd shot which the day after my surgeon appointment.

Y'all keep on taking one baby step at a time.  We will eventually to the Promised Land ^j^ 

1 comment:

  1. Was it not a reaction to your vaccine? Quite a few people are reporting those symptoms after their first dose of Moderna.

    ReplyDelete