Sunday, January 31, 2021

insult to injury

I'm still kinda' limping from the fall down at the cabin the other day.  Last night I was perched on the computer chair which is usually covered with a quilt or blanket.   Somehow or another I slid smooth out of it and landed on my coccyx...a fancy name for ass.  I don't always take Ibuprofen but it comes in handy during these times.  

I was at the gentral' this morning scooping up Propel and whatnot.  As I was checking out I witnessed the miracle of two little kids learning to do self check out.  Older brother knew the total and came back to Daddy for another dollar.  "Sorry dude....all I have is a card."  I gave them a dollar and watched while they scanned and paid.  It was truly one of those moments that you can't make up.  Always pay it forward.  Last week at the shady one, I was behind some guy using two different cards that didn't have a balance.  I asked the cashier how much his stuff was and it was only five bucks so I paid for it.  As he was thanking me going out the door, I asked him to pay it forward.  And I believe he did.

Lauren and Reaves came for a short time and she didn't even want to get out of the car she was so tired.  She had McDs breakfast all laid out in front of her so we all shared that.  I got her into the house by promising a surprise.  That tent still ain't put together!

I have not been to church in many weeks, being overly cautious about the virus.  I saw Preacher today and he said they're opening back up next week....just to see how it goes.  If there is one thing good about this pandemic it's that the church has come to the people via technology during a very dangerous time.  I was so happy to see SNL back that I watched the entire thing sketch by sketch.  And laughed out loud!

Grace and peace to you and yours ^j^



No comments:

Post a Comment