Monday, January 2, 2023

a brand new year

I started it off at FUMC which featured a beautiful service with communion and the children's choir.  Cousin Charlie had a solo and knocked it out of the park!  The girls didn't get here in time for church but were waiting for me when I got home and shed the fancy duds for shorts.  On New Year's Day, of course.  The temp hit 70 both yesterday and today and now the storms are moving in.

LP was horribly tired from no sleep due to knee pain so she passed out on the couch and Reaves and I played awhile.  We made soup for the baby in the tree which ended up not so bad.  Full of yogurt and fruit and cream, frozen to a perfect slush.  When I went to check the mail I mysteriously found a copy of Green Eggs and Ham so we sat in the swing and I read to her.  About halfway through the second time reading it she lay her head on my shoulder and softly murmured "I want to go nap with Mama."  Which she did, and I can't tell you what a sweet feeling seeing both of my girls sacked out and curled into each other in sleep.  

While they were napping my friend Patrick came by to put the training wheels on her new Barbie bike.  She didn't really want to wake up but I was determined to get her on that bike before they left.  As Lauren was packing up to leave Reaves and I pushed the bike across grass and gravel until we reached the paved road.  At first she was all like "I can't." but I coached her and pushed her and off she went with me whooping and hollering "Go girl GO...You've got this!"  She wanted to keep going down to where Oscar was exploring way down the road but it was time for them to get back to Jackson.  Next time, she will do it again and again and again.  It was a once in a lifetime moment, y'all.

I had peas and cornbread and pork yesterday so I should be good for the new year.  I'm still craving cream cheese sausage balls but that can wait until fifth Sunday in Sunday School.  

Y'all be blessed ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment