Tuesday, January 31, 2023

working from home

Well, I'm not actually working, just catching up with emails and whatnot.  I figured this would be a non work day and had my phone turned off only to wake up at 11:10 feeling like a million for a few hours.  My current book is The Secret Life of Bees and it's almost over.  Trying to find a comfy place to read I got BACK in the bed and gave it up because the lighting is bad in there so I moved to the couch.  Every square inch of soft is inhabited by cats and dog.  The radar shows snow but I hear ice.  

Lauren is set for a surgery that will probably be a wide open incision including a tendon graft.  My last 1099 arrived via email yesterday so filing taxes is next on my list.  I'm hearing that it will take longer and be less of a refund than in years past.  That figures.  Just my luck!  After February 28th, I will no longer receive LTD which will be a  big hit to my budget.  Reckon I'll just have to write more stories.  

Daddy always told me about how winter affects arthritis but I didn't have it then.  At sixty seven with two bum shoulders I can now relate.  There are so many things wrong with me medically I could write a book on it.  In case you haven't noticed, our healthcare system is broken.  Test results are delivered via a portal that is not easily accessed by somebody who is not computer literate.  If you are lucky enough, your practitioner will call if something is out of whack.  As a healthcare professional I can read the writing on the wall.

Y'all be warm and safe ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment