Friday, January 6, 2023

epiphany

My tree is still up glaring at me because I didn't dare take it down until today.  That will be tonight's project along with a movie. Or maybe I'll wait for Reaves to help me on Sunday.  I need a decent box or tote to put the ornaments away for this season.  Tonight is really dedicated to getting my shit together.  I learned this morning that one of my "kids from another mother" passed away yesterday.  He has been a constant in my life since Lauren'n'them were young uns'  I have thought about him all day, the stories that you can't make up because the details are so bizarre.  Once I rescued him from under a telephone pole when it rolled over on him while he was cutting it.  This boy scout had everything needed for all the emergency workers and passers by with CBs to pull the pole up with ropes off of his body.  Luckily the ground was soft and once the pole was off of him, the EMTs used a barrel top (also from his truck) to slide him out from the ditch.  I think Daddy came with a tractor but didn't have much luck with that and was mad as hell.

I was privy to an excellent cook making gumbo with the perfect roux today.  Her recipe will be passed on and on.  It's a special occasion because it's a full moon only it's cloudy so....there ya go.  Bang those drums anyways sisters!

Grief is hard and has really no beginning or end.  Every day brings a loss of some sort which we process according to EK Ross.  At any one moment we can see something or taste and smell something that brings back a memory of times past.  According to one person I know, it's all about the dopamine.  Do what makes you happy.  I got kissed by four dogs today and that gave me a real boost.  

Take your tree down folks.  Love ya....mean it ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment