Thursday, January 12, 2023

across the aisle

Bubba called this morning so I could meet him at Charlie's house which is where I lived like..forever.  It's all spiffed up and the latest addition is stunning.  We have been on this journey together for three years.  I moved into the homeplace during a February freeze two years ago.  Thank the lort' Mama's bed was already here.  I don't remember who did the moving but it eventually happened.  Meanwhile, the house on the hill was FULL of memories that were taken out carefully to the dumpster out front.  Billy dug through the stuff and found things like Mama and Daddy's wedding picture and their report cards from back in the day.  All of this was passed onto me to keep up with.  Lerd.  Surely Mama knew I am not as organized as she was.  

I left there and went to the gentral' down at Four Points to get just two things.  As I decided to head to the cashier I heard a voice asking "Is anybody over there?"  Hello, I said.  And I heard it again from the other aisle, a cry for help.  A few steps found me turning the corner to find an elderly woman laid out on the floor with her basket turned over.  I sat down cross legged by her head and we talked.  She was alert and told me name and address.  A beautiful woman who did not look her age of 80.  The cashier called 911 and then his manager who showed up before the ambulance service.  I am kinda' sorta' a nurse and I could tell she was in more distress and losing it.  The ambulance showed up and put her on a "bed" as they called it. They rolled her out into their truck to see what was up.  I followed Glenda's friend out to the parking lot and she told me through tears "She's all I've got."  

Be very award of voices that call to you from wherever.  It might be an angel of God tapping you on the shoulder ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment