Tuesday, January 24, 2023

giving

I stopped by to visit a couple of places today that I will be writing about soon.  These are places that meet people where they are like the Salvation Army and the YMCA.  I talked with both directors and introduced myself promising to schedule interviews in late spring.  I am enamored with people that volunteer to help others.  In my Pollyanna mind I always thought I would be one of them like my Mama and Daddy only it didn't work out there.  My body wore out before theirs did and I had to quit the healthcare scene at the age of 62.  And the irony?  That is one of the organizations that they gave their time too.  And also Lifeline Blood Services.  They would be so proud to see our center here in Dyersburg.  Daddy was O negative and a 10 plus gallon donor.  Back in the day he actually donated for one of my friends' daughters who was a critical care newborn.  

Prior to my surgery I was a regular at the Y doing Silver Sneakers before it was Silver and Fit.  After the surgery I tried yoga but it was just too complicated with a bag and tight clothes.  The friction of an appliance will kill you over time.  It bleeds and it hurts.  Hopefully I will get some relief on Thursday.  I am not a sissy when it comes to pain, but over time it will wear us down.  

High five to Lisa for gifting us with supper and an apple pie.  I saw both my boyfriends there but it was too cold for Joy and Francene to visit.  Whitney was there too, as usual.  We are supposed to get a whole bunch of rain tonight. I wouldn't mind some snow too.  Bubba came by to fix the running toilet today so that was today's visit.  As ornery as he is, I still love him like chicken ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment