Monday, July 13, 2020

walking the yard

Me and my daddy used to do that all the time and it has carried over.  I walk my yard on a daily basis but also enjoy going to a friend's house and enjoying a tour with them.  Today found me at the home of Delores and Hu where there there are more flowers than you can count.  The ones I didn't recognize she identified for me.  This sweet black and white kitty from the neighborhood joined us and it was obvious he enjoyed our loving.  Delores told me where to find some coleus that needs to be cut back to I have three containers of cuttings that are in water to root.  Coleus reminds me of my grandmother Lottie.  

The world lost a friend to everyone yesterday.  My favorite story about Charlie is when we went on a church trip to Destin as teenagers.  Me being the paleface and visiting the beach for the first time in my life, I got burned badly and spent the remainder of the trip on an air mattress under a shade tree.  We were camping, of course.  One of the chaperones who shall remain anonymous taught us a phrase that was supposedly a cuss word in a different language.  Skippy hancho.  The other part of that memory is "toxon water blisters on chest" which is definitely what I had.  For years after, every time we saw each other we traded these phrases of a memory that most never shared.  It was our bond, so to speak.  Skippy hancho indeed, brother.  And toxon blessings in heaven.  

Welp..it's time to go walk the yard and see what's up.  Y'all keep the faith, remember who you are and wear a mask.  That stuff is dangerous.  

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment