Thursday, July 23, 2020

livin' on the edge

I am so confused.  This whole deal with the insurance has me in an "i don't have a clue" mode about what to do next.  I am six weeks away from Medicare and it can't come soon enough.  I have had two different policies through the marketplace, one of which was terminated four days before emergency surgery.  That decision was appealed and I finally got a decision that I was indeed eligible as of January 1.  Except, umm, I was issued another policy on Feb 1 ( at zero premium ) which was cancelled when I won the appeal.  I have been notified by BC/BS that I owe them over 2000 bucks for coverage since the original policy was reinstated.  Some providers have filed on the new number and it got kicked back.  It is, in short, a hot mess.  I will have to be of clear head and sound mind to tackle all of this and I'm still a bit dizzy for some reason.

That being said, I'm still extremely grateful to be alive.  The money thing will all come out in the wash eventually.  I am happy and blessed with great friends and family and a strong faith.  My friends came by this morning with lotso' sweet corn for me which I totally appreciate.  Folks who share the bounty are my heroes.  I'm dying to make a squash casserole but my two plants just aren't producing very fast.  Neither are the 'maters.  The only things really thriving are the herbs.  

I was witness to a random act of kindness today that touched my heart.  I was at the shady 'gentral and a couple of kids were in front of me.  One boy dropped his change and didn't have enough to pay so the cashier, who also works with the school system, told him to put his money back in his pocket and she paid for his candy with HER card.  When I remarked how sweet that was she said "He's one of my babies."  And she told him not to ever call her mean at school again!  She also took the time to patiently explain that they needed to have their masks on properly because they will have to do it at school.  She admonished the guy in front of them for not having one on and schooled him on the hefty fine and or 11/ 29 that goes along with getting caught.  Some folks just don't get it.

Pay it forward, always ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment