Wednesday, July 29, 2020

the joy of cooking

I have always loved to cook and am guilty of trying out things not knowing how they will turn out.  It's part of the magic, you see.   Mamye brought me a thawed whole chicken and some big ass squash yesterday and I proceeded to chop the squash with onions and make a casserole.  To die for kids.  I put the chicken in the crockpot for about 4 hours with broth and it is now browning in the oven with lemon juice and rosemary.  Who's yo' momma?

I went out to socially distance with some friends today and we were all talking to each other about the crises at hand.  I'm trying to get in touch with sista' to see if she wants this gigantic dog cage back which Ellie never used.  The only critter that ever crawled up in there was Reaves.  She thought it was funny, and in fact, it was.  We would tell her "you got in there, figure the way out!"  

The COVID is real whether you like it or not.  I will wear my mask if we are closer than six feet which doesn't happen often.  I step back in line and stand on the mark.  And I abhor the idiots who ignore the mask mandate.  I mean, stock up on hydroxycloroquine y'all.  It's supposed to be the miracle drug.

And about that doctor lady?  Demons and whatnot?  Let's focus on the public health problem at hand.  It will not go away until everybody gets on board.  If you can't stand to wear one, hire somebody to run your errands.  I'm really good at that and I wear a mask.  And I take cash.

Y'all have a wonderful hump day.  The camel keeps coming around whether we're working or not.  ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment