Sunday, July 5, 2020

i am a wimp in the heat

My hat is off to all you folks who work out in it all day.  One or two hours kicks my butt.  Me and the girls had lots of adventures today beginning with a swim at Doonie's house and continuting on to the sprinkler where she watered my garden.  And us.  Then we ate and painted and chased Lily.  By then she was delerious and of course, never wants to leave.  Poor thang didn't know what she wanted she was so tired.  

We did a little learning about light at the roundtable and she actually helped me with a visual for an upcoming devotion.  She could not understand why the light wasn't bright when the battery powered ones were.  That's where the magic came in.  She used the tiny LED flashlight to put light on that light bulb that couldn't shine.  And the light went on in her little eyes.  I showed her pictures of her mommy as a child and her grandaddy.  She remembered them all when we went back and looked.  "Who's that?" she asked.  It melted my heart and made me grateful that my mother was a camera nut.

It's on with me and the hornworm and if I can ever find him, he will burn.  So far he's only been on one of four plants but I know how those things take over.   I showed Reaves the baby squash and tomatos and she smelled lemon balm.  

In clarification of what I posted yesterday, I believe in the power of peaceful protest.  I do not believe in destroying property in the name of peace.  I detest violence in any form or fashion but when it comes down to it, I would kick somebody's ass in a heartbeat or cut a bitch if they hurt my family.  My neighbor has a new gun and I'm a gonna' ask her to teach me how to shoot down in the holler.  I believe in the right to bear arms in the hands of properly licensed and trained citizens.  Also for hunting.  But no automatics kids...geez Louise.  Have we not learned our lessons on mass slaughter of innocents?  

I will not give politics the time out of my day to comment.  The media and most of America have gone face down in it.  I have faith that God is at work in more ways than one here.  And I believe in the power of the mask and social distancing.  It ain't rocket science.  

Y'all be well and blessed.  And remember who you are ^j^




1 comment: