Saturday, July 18, 2020

looking back

I love the way FB throws memories at us so we can relive the past.  I looked back today and found a post reminding me that two years ago today one of my dear friends passed away.  I was retired by then but me and her were in the trenches for a lot of years.  She is the one who called me with the news that my daddy had died.  We spent a lot of time around that break room table and all over the place doing eye rolls over some people's stupid.  I miss her a lot. Her legacy of kindness and faith lives on through the lives of her children and grandchildren.

That same year my friend Liz died the month before.  The older we live, the more we grieve the losses of friends and family.  I am now the elder of our family, so to speak.  I have one aunt left who is in her 80s, two younger brothers and a handful of cousins.  I'm not nearly as good as my mother was when keeping up the family history and what I know I learned mostly from her.  I tell Lauren stories now and then of times when she was too little to remember.  That is how family history is handed down.

I love telling stories and listening to those of other folks.  Lawd, the tales people have to tell.  Mamye told me she remembered seeing a KKK rally in the 60s that I never knew existed.  In fact I have never seen a suited up member in my life and I hope I never do.  It would get ugly REAL quick.

It is very disturbing to me that Trump sent federal troops to Portland when the locals plainly asked him not to.  They were in unmarked cars and scooped people up like garbage.  When the mayor tells you to go the hell away and you persist, that is a police state in the making.  It's all a political stunt anyway.  Just my opinion of a leader who likes to be in charge of the world.  Ditto for the move requiring COVID reporting to by-pass the CDC.  This will end up with lower numbers of cases which is what the POTUS is looking for because he's on a sinking ship.  And he's taking the rest of us with him on the Titanic.

I visited with friends yesterday, a couple of whom I haven't seen in years and got my little bit of Krogering done.  I am told that masking will be mandatory in Dyersburg next week.  We are trending up in cases which is the case with many parts of Tennessee.  We're kind of on the "roll of honor" of states with rising infections.  And still, folks don't think it's real.  Duh.  We opened up way too soon and here we are.  

Y'all be happy and safe.  And always remember who you are ^j^






No comments:

Post a Comment