Wednesday, July 22, 2020

like mother like daughter

My mother was always one to question things when she didn't think they were quite right.  My inner Janice came out today and I called the corporate office of a chain store here in town to ask why they were serving customers in spite of the mask mandate.  She explained to me their side of the story and I was glad to hear it.  All they can do, she said, was to encourage mask use by offering them to people when they come in.  Hmm.  Well, I did get an answer at a corporate office so that's a plus.

We now have a brand new culvert on Pecan Lane which should help a LOT with the drainage problem at the end of the road. Plans are to tar and chip it soon.  That loose gravel is killing us!  I want to thank Jeff Jones and Bubba for giving us a heads up that we would not be able to get out this morning.  In this day and time being grounded for four hours is not a big deal.  

As soon as I could get out I delivered a cake to the church as a going away gift.  I had to refrigerate it overnight to keep the critters off of it.  Ellie once ate bites out of one that was cooling and waiting for icing.  Bad dog.  The recipient never knew that the dog ate some of his because I covered the hole with icing!

I don't know about y'all but I'm ready to just turn it over to Big Ernie.  The violence, the COVID, the protests......all of it. There is enough rebel in me that I would probably would be one of those moms getting tear gassed.  It sounds awful.  Think about it.  Do you really want Homeland Security scooping you up off the street in an unmarked van with no Miranda rights?

All in all, I still have faith that this too shall pass.  Not quickly or easily or neatly, but it shall pass ^j^  


1 comment:

  1. Ayup. That's what the daddy said to the boy who swallowed a penny!

    ReplyDelete