Saturday, July 11, 2020

rise and shine

My normal wakeup time is about 7 or 8 so I haven't seen a sunrise in ages.  This morning my eyes popped open at 5:30 and I was wide awake so I got to see the sun come up over the trees.  I didn't know quite what to do with myself so I went for a walk with Oscar and enjoyed the view that I know and love so well.  I noticed that Virginia creeper is crossing the road right across from where the kudzu is crossing so they're liable to be a battle there.  They both spread like crazy!

My friend Larry is kind of the animal whisperer and this gorgeous brindle boxer showed up at his house.  He had a collar but no tags.  He has been relentless with sharing and calling around but to no avail.  I went over to check him out this morning and he is to die for handsome.  We were looking up numbers for rescue operations while sitting in the garden of Eden when a miracle happened.  A neighbor's daughter was in town and saw the picture so she came over, took a look, and fell in love instantly so now he will have a forever home.  Another neighbor was jogging by and Larry hollered at her so we had a little community gathering right then and there.  Nice way to spend a morning.  

I was given several doses of Narcan and I have been spreading them around to folks hoping to save a life from opiate overdose.  Folks are very receptive and thankful for the gesture.  I keep one in my car and one in my purse at all times.  The last guy I gave one to this morning said "you mean we have opiates around here."  Oh honey.  Let me count the ways.  Heroin. Morphine. Fentanyl.  And on and on.  People who buy on the streets have no idea what they're getting or what it's cut with.   There is an uptick in overdoses in Madison county due to drugs laced with Fentanyl.  That is some powerful stuff and it doesn't take much.  

Lily cat is poised beside me just looking for something to knock off because that's how she rolls.  I'm sure she just wants attention but dang. Give mama a break.

Look for little miracles and rejoice when you see them like I did today.  God woke me up for a reason and I'm glad.  Of course I'll probably be in the bed by 6 but that's okay.  I have my own agenda which is pretty go with the flow.

Happy weekend y'all.  Bless you and your mama'n'them ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment