Friday, September 14, 2018

ride on

I finally had to break down and go to Kroger because ya' gotta' eat and the cupboard was beyond bare.  Heading up Highway 51 I noticed blue cop car lights flashing at two intersections and a bunch of headlights so I assumed it was a funeral procession and pulled over.  Instead it was a caravan of literally HUNDREDS of bikers riding for St. Jude.  I was too busy gawking to even take a picture!  They were followed by the group's bus.  I know it took a good ten minutes for all of them to pass.  That, makes my heart swell.

I spent longer than usual in the grocery store trying to penny pinch and couldn't get the digital deals because I couldn't remember my password to log in.  People were swarming the 1.99 detergent center.  As fast as it got restocked, folks scooped them up.  I'm straight on the app now so next time I'll be ready.  

I wondered why they quit with the corn after just a few rounds last night.  This morning when I went out they were broken down and have been working on it ever since.  Good old Mr. Neely was supervising the situation when I came home.  I got a call from Lauren who told me that her second interview went long and quite well.  A long interview is good.  She should know something by next week and as she said "It's in God's hands."  She got teary telling me about how she sees that when she does the next right thing, it comes back to you.  

Ellie somehow got my custom Rivergator poster by John Ruskey and tore it to shreds.  *sigh*  Nothing is safe.  She is keeping the litter box cleaned out....lol.  It's hot as hell but there's no hurricane so I'll take it.  

Y'all be safe over there on the coast.  Over and out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment