Saturday, September 1, 2018

random

I've got so many balls in the air I can't even count them.  In one week, I'll be 63 years old and I'm totally starting over on a wing and a prayer for manifestation of the goal.  I know, for a fact, that I need more income.  One person can live on what I make but it cuts things close and ends me up with a lot of racked up OD fees.  If I could just get to zero on what I owe, I can make it.  It's pretty expensive to live here for just one person.  There's lawn maintenance and garbage pickup and rent.  Propane in the winter.  The windows and doors have helped with that but I'm paying for the improvements via the rent.  

Enough about that.  My dear friend just stopped in for an unexpected visit and we got caught up from our last session about a month ago.  Both of us have had drama so it was good therapy to just sit and talk.  We have a lot in common even though he's only forty one.  We met at FUMC when I was a Young Life leader.

I have one article left to write before the deadline and it will be huge.  I spent several hours with the crew at the courthouse learning exactly what they do in the assessor's office and how their work is related to the Trustee and Register of Deeds.  That will require going over notes and job descriptions and basically how the whole process works.  And including pictures which I have several of.   I have a week to get that done.  

It's time to turn the page on the Mary Engelbreit calendar.  I like September but especially October because I get off on the colors.  This time last year we were anxiously awaiting the birth of her highness Reaves.  Little did we know it would turn into a marathon to beat the clock before Lauren's birthday.  As long as I live I will never forget that long week.  None of the usual induction stuff worked.  I bopped on in there expecting it to be a one day deal.  Boy was I wrong!  It turned into six weeks of surgery for the mother of a newborn.  Trickle down effect.  C Section, D and C and repair of uterine tear from D/C.  Geez.  I did, however, get to meet Chester.  

I'm sitting at a place in life where I could easily lose hope yet I choose to remain positive.  I believe in karma because so many people have been so good to me.  I remember the late John Yarbro telling me that I had it coming after the Nigerian prince ordeal.  

I hope you have BBQ and good times on this holiday weekend.  The lakes are full of boats and whatnot cramming through the unofficial end of summer.  Fair starts Monday and the forecast is "hot as heck."  You will not find my old ass there even on Senior day.

Other than all that, it's unicorns and rainbows.  Carry on with faith and hope.  If we don't stick together, it's all for nothing ^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment