Sunday, September 2, 2018

great is thy faithfulness

Today's sermon struck a chord with me because it was about riding the waves of adversity like Jesus did.  Anger can be a good thing when it prompts social justice which is exactly what He did with the tables in the temple.  Ditto for his calling out the Pharisees over their condemnation of the disciples for eating without washing their hands per the rules.  He was the original rebel in a lot of ways.  But always with a cause. 

I was greeted in the foyer by one of my dearest friends ever complete with seersucker suit looking every bit the part of Southern gentleman lawyer.  Last day for that he said.  And white shoes, of course.  I also mingled with a few friends that I haven't seen for awhile.  Got hugs and everything.  God is good.

My friend Carol treated me to El! Patio! after that and we yakked forever.  It never ceases to amaze me that in a town as small as Dyersburg I can go in there and not see a soul that I know.  We beat the church crowd but they were pouring in as we left.  

Once again, dear Lord, please with the heat.  Normally there's a cool spell during fair week but it doesn't look like that this time around.  Those barns are a mighty hot place to be when it's 90 plus.  So is the midway!!


So I'm just sittin' here lookin' like this with the box fan blowing.  Soon as the house cools off I'll turn it down.  I watch that thermostat like a hawk now.  

I would love to be inside Trump's head right now as mid-terms approach and his popularity plummets.  Of course I couldn't stay too long because I'd get sick but I'd sure take some pictures to look at later.  Heh.

This the day that the Lord has made ^j^





1 comment:

  1. Nearly every morning after I drop Becca off at work I say "This is the day that the Lord hath made, I will rejoice and be glad in it." It sure helps the day get started in a better way. xoxox
    Also? I also sing a little of Great Is Thy Faithfulness when I'm saying a thank you for providing.
    You must be in my head! :)

    ReplyDelete