Tuesday, September 4, 2018

goal tending

In order to not be so overwhelmed by the mess here, I've set a goal of going through one box a day and pitching what isn't relevant.  Yesterday's box held my daddy's bible and some kind of thank you note from then President Richard Nixon.  I have no clue but it was interesting.  I also found all of their letters to each other while he was away in service but have not read them yet.  That will be pretty cool as well.

As I go through things I'm saving little reminders of our shared history with my brothers and daughter.  I have a pile going for each of them.  It has fallen to me as the elder and only daughter to sort through it.  She used to laugh about what we would do with all the picture albums after she was gone.  Lord have mercy, the woman documented everything and saved it all.  For years and years I gave her a diary which she wrote in every day.  I have probably 20 of them.  My passion for writing and photography came from her and my youngest brother Tommy.  

I'm winding up with the articles and pics for this edition and job hunting at the same time.  My laboratory supervisor license comes up for renewal at the end of the month and I intend to try and work the fee into my budget "just in case."  There is no PRN work available at the hospital but you never know what might pop up.  

I went out of my way to get cheap cat litter at Tractor Supply because Lily is killing me with the dollar general stuff.  It's convenient but expensive.  Same for dog and cat food.  I love that store!  They have everything.  

It's an explosive day in Washington what with the SCOTUS hearings and Bob Woodward's new tell all book from interviews with past members of the president's staff.  I'm glad I didn't have a nice vacay planned for the panhandle because they're about to get slammed again.  I've been lucky with that over the years.  

And yes, I need some beach time.  It would do my soul some good for sure.  Maybe next year.  Early May is my favorite time before all the kids get out of school and it gets crazy down there.  

Always remember who you are.  And do the next right thing ^j^
 


No comments:

Post a Comment