Wednesday, September 19, 2018

piriformis and sciatica

Since I am "almost" a nurse and it ain't my first rodeo with knee pain, I pretty quickly diagnosed my sudden inability to walk yesterday evening.  I immediately put on the brace and woke up in the middle of the night in extreme pain.  I knew I needed some naproxen and had to hold onto things to get to it.  Sleeping on the therapy ball helped and will continue.  It can be caused by extended periods of sitting but I have a suspicion that carrying Reaves around on my left hip up and down the steps was what caused the flare.  Plus crawling around in the yard on the blanket.  Sure does suck getting old.  However, at least I'm above ground.  One more reason to do yoga with Amy and Lorna.  

I had a nice long conversation yesterday with cousin Connie Ray who is 87 and planning to drive over this way from Utah after he spends Thanksgiving with relatives in Florida.  He's also scheduling a visit with the Mount family in the Friendship/Maury City area.  Fascinating history.  The man whose father worked on this farm in the 20s will be by for a tour the end of this month.  I love the way it all just comes together when you start listening to the heritage.  

So far today, I'm stepping lightly and carefully.  The last thing I need right now is another surgery.  I'm focusing on wellness and preventive and holistic methods like self treating with MFR techniques.  Thanks for teaching me Gay!


^j^






No comments:

Post a Comment