Sunday, September 9, 2018

puppy dog tales

Things seem to have settled down among the tribe here however I did skip church because I was a little skittish about leaving them here alone for that period of time.  Sam is heartbroken because he's always been my baby, but then he always will be.  He's so old and tired he could care less about playing.  Oscar, on the other hand, loves having a playmate.  I went to the 'gentral to get her a chew toy so that maybe that would keep her occupied and she's already almost destroyed it.  Oh well.  She also bit my MFR ball and deflated it.  I can see already that everybody will have to be fed separately.  

I woke up to a happy birthday call from my own baby girl who is at work.  We celebrate all month since mine is the 9th, Reaves the 21st and Lauren's the 22nd.  All she wants for her birthday is a ton of sushi!  This year it's all about baby Reaves turning one.  I'm really humbled at all the folks who have taken the time to wish me happy birthday in a variety of ways.  It's nice to be remembered...thanks FB!  If it weren't for them, I would NEVER know anybody's birthday.  

Since I've started typing Ellie has torn up the toy, destroyed a pack of toilet paper and a roll of paper towels.  She's out now with her buddy Oscar while Sam chills on my bed.  It's like a zoo, and I love it.  Lily is spending more time outside because of her litter box shenanigans.  I've caught her in the clothes basket a couple of times ready for business and put her out.  She knows how to push my buttons and does it often.  

I cried over a cat video bright and early but I suspect a good cry was coming.  I miss my parents on this day most of all.  It's the orphan effect I suppose.  Mamye and Steve treated me to birthday eve supper which we picked up in the pouring rain.  Last I heard good old Rock Top was ahead but that was early in the game while I was tag teaming on about 5 other things.  Lerd.  What a day.  

Thanks for all the birthday happies.  Love you like chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment