Thursday, September 20, 2018

forward motion

The cabin has been sitting empty and silent for a couple of months while the contractor got caught up enough to come spend a few weeks finishing his part.  I noticed his truck down there when I came home from the 'gentral so I cruised down to return his cat carrier and check it out.  It's hot as hades and they're pouring concrete right now.  The new windows are propped up inside visible through the holes.  It's finally all coming together.  Kinda' sorta.  Some day.  

As I was leaving I was right behind the combine and fuel truck entering the field to begin the soybean harvest.  Talk about some dust y'all.  I can't imagine how tough it was to do it in the old days prior to cabs.  I'd say breathing was pretty hard for the operators of said machinery.  

I'm having a hard time remembering to put the toilet paper up where Ellie can't reach it and she's shredding about a roll a day.  It's her favorite thing.  I have also discovered the secret to sleeping late is to let her out when she wakes up while I carry on snoozing.  Live and learn.

I'm still hobbling but making it.  The brace is a must.  Reaves' birthday party is this weekend so I've gotta' get in shape for that.  As it turns out my friend Patsye and I are distantly related through Cousin Connie Ray who is coming to visit.  Lord what a small world it is.  I knew there was a reason I've always been so tight with that bunch, aside from the farming kinship.  

Stay cool and hydrate.  It's dangerous out there ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment