Wednesday, August 1, 2018

turn the page

Well August, here we are like it or not.  I just flipped the month on my favorite Mary Engelbreit calendar above the desk.  That is a tradition that my mother started years ago because I love her art so much.  Now I buy my own.  Today was my 4th day in a row to walk and it's getting easier each day.  Tomorrow is election day so if you didn't vote early, get thee to your polling place.  Saturday is the 3rd anniversary of Daddy's death yet it seems like yesterday.  Life rolls on.  I so wish that he and mom had lived long enough to see their first great grandchild Reaves.  They would have adored her plus she looks a lot like mama.   

I have one bag of corn left from Mary Beth's delivery because I have eaten the hell out of it.  Last night's supper was squash from my garden cooked in olive oil with onion.  Yummy!  I've just about become a vegetarian though not by choice.  Meat is expensive!  We had a monsoon rain yesterday so that should help the garden.  

When I was at the Four Points store they were all talking about tomorrow's election because our current constable stays there all the time and he's facing opposition.  All the good old boys promised to vote for him.  

Tomorrow is visit the kids day for me.  Reaves is growing by leaps and bounds and developing quite the personality while learning the meaning of "no."  It's a tough lesson, you know.  I feel really blessed to have the array of friends that support me and those girls.  

The quest continues for a part time job.  I can make 17K per year while drawing SS which seems ass backwards to me.  I can't do anything that requires much use of the shoulders because both of them are arthritic post-op.  We shall see what God has planned for me.

Over and out from the lane ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment